I just released new version of Pg::Explain Perl library that is handling parsing of plans for explain.depesz.com.
There are quite a lot of changes, but mostly internal, but one thing is pretty interesting – Pg::Explain, and because of this also explain.depesz.com should be able to parse plans with arbitrary values of border, linestyle, format, unicode_border_linestyle, unicode_column_linestyle, and unicode_header_linestyle psql options.
You can see five simple examples already uploaded:
Continue reading Changes on explain.depesz.com
Ever since I released explain.depesz.com over 11 years ago there have been cases were people would upload a plan and it didn't parse.
There were many reasons, but the most common was – plan was line-wrapped by injecting new-line characters where there shouldn't be one.
Continue reading Initial support for fixing of line-wrapped plans
Couple of days ago RhodiumToad reported, on irc, a bug in explain.depesz.com.
Specifically – if explain was done using JSON/XML/YAML formats, and node type was Aggregate, the site didn't extract full info.
Continue reading Fix for displaying aggregates on explain.depesz.com
Just now pushed new version of Pg::Explain Perl library that is handling parsing for explain.depesz.com.
There have been many changes, but the short summary is:
- Fix display of heap fetches from json (https://gitlab.com/depesz/explain.depesz.com/issues/15)
- Move global data (planning/execution/total time, trigger info) from top_node to explain object itself
- Add method to easily get real total, wall-clock, runtime of query.
- Add Pg::Explain::Analyzer, so far it can extract node types and their “paths"
- Add scripts to run perltidy, start development tmux env, and explain schema dumper
- Fix handling of parallel queries (hopefully)
- Remove edge-case deep recursion error
- Speed optimization for large explains
Hopefully it will not break anything for you 🙂
And as a final note: explain.depesz.com has been used to add almost 740kplans (out of which 120k were deleted). Currently database contains over 311k public (visible in history), not deleted, plans.