Thanks to some discussion on Slack, and work by Alexandre Felipe viewing of large explains will be now a bit easier.
You can see it, for example, in this explain.
First of all, when you scroll down, the column headers stay in place. Plus – you can always see the horizontal scrollbar to see the rest for really long node descriptions.
Thanks a lot, I appreciate the work.
Just now pushed new version of Pg::Explain Perl library that is handling parsing for explain.depesz.com.
There have been many changes, but the short summary is:
- Fix display of heap fetches from json (https://gitlab.com/depesz/explain.depesz.com/issues/15)
- Move global data (planning/execution/total time, trigger info) from top_node to explain object itself
- Add method to easily get real total, wall-clock, runtime of query.
- Add Pg::Explain::Analyzer, so far it can extract node types and their “paths"
- Add scripts to run perltidy, start development tmux env, and explain schema dumper
- Fix handling of parallel queries (hopefully)
- Remove edge-case deep recursion error
- Speed optimization for large explains
Hopefully it will not break anything for you 🙂
And as a final note: explain.depesz.com has been used to add almost 740kplans (out of which 120k were deleted). Currently database contains over 311k public (visible in history), not deleted, plans.