I just updated explain.depesz.com – my tool for analysis of explain analyze plans.
New feature is: you can now create accounts.
This allows you to view your previously added plans, change them (add/remove title, make it public/private, anonymize (you can't de-anonymize, though), or even delete).
To register, click on “login" link on the right side of the menu bar, and then fill out the form. The form is very simple – username and password. I do not need mail/gender/birthdate or anything else.
- minimum one upper case letter
- minimum one lower case letter
- minimum one digit
- minimum one special character
- you can't use the same character more than 2 times in the password
- you can't use more than 2 consecutive letters or digits ( “12" or “fg" are acceptable, but you can't use “567" or “mno")
- you have to change password at least every 7 days
- you can't reuse password for 8 weeks
- minimum password length is 15 characters
just kidding. It's your password. I don't care what you'll set it to as long as it's not empty string.
To add some stats to the post, as I always do:
- there are over 98,000 plans in the database now
- with current speed, we'll reach 100,000 plans in ~ 9 days
- since beginning of the year, daily average is over 100 plans added
- around 25% of new plans get deleted ( I have the stats, as “id" of removed plans stays in db to avoid reusing it )
Hope you'll still use it 🙂
5 thoughts on “explain.depesz.com – update, new (great!) feature”
This is a great feature. Thanks!
And no captcha?
Why would I want captcha?
Aside from the fact that I hate captchas, and believe that people who use/require them will end up in very special place in hell, there is no reason to make registration more difficult. Or is there?
To make sure, that milions of nasty bots won’t use your Explain in their own nasty purposes… 😉
Awesome. This will be really helpful for collaborative debugging. Thank for adding it.
Comments are closed.