On 8th of April 2022, Andrew Dunstan committed patch:
Documentation for SQL/JSON features This documents the features added in commits f79b803dcc, f4fb45d15c, 33a377608f, 1a36bc9dba, 606948b058, 49082c2cc3, 4e34747c88, and fadb48b00e. I have cleaned up the aggregate section of the submitted docs, but there is still a deal of copy editing required. However, I thought it best to have some documentation sooner rather than later so testers can have a better idea what they are playing with. Nikita Glukhov Reviewers have included (in no particular order) Andres Freund, Alexander Korotkov, Pavel Stehule, Andrew Alsup, Erik Rijkers, Zhihong Yu, Himanshu Upadhyaya, Daniel Gustafsson, Justin Pryzby. Discussion: https://email@example.com Discussion: https://firstname.lastname@example.org
Reading the patch to docs is not really trivial. But I looked at what was changed, and figured that the changes went generally to two files:
Specifically, in the first doc, this change added whole section SQL/JSON Functions and Expressions.
In case of aggregate doc, there are more changes:
- Added docs about json_agg_strict and jsonbjson_agg_strict
- Added docs about json_object_agg_strict and jsonbjson_object_agg_strict
- Added docs about json_object_agg_unique and jsonbjson_object_agg_unique
- Added docs about json_object_agg_unique_strict and jsonbjson_object_agg_unique_strict
- Added note about JSON_OBJECTAGG and JSON_ARRAYAGG constructors
This is great. Lots of stuff to read that will explain the SQL/JSON changes in detail.
Thanks a lot to everybody involved. That was huge project, and the outcome is amazing.